Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Updated "About Me"

As I renew my commitment to blogging and change the focus of this blog, I thought I would start with an updated "about me".

I am a secondary math teacher and am starting my sixth year in the classroom. Of my five completed years in the classroom, three of them have been in urban DC and two in suburban Silicon Valley. I am starting at a new (suburban) school in Los Angeles this fall.

My experience in DC focused on teaching Algebra I to English Language Learners. I learned a lot about clarity and differentiation in those first few years - some of my students had never been in a formal school situation, while others were well prepared for Algebra I.

My move to Silicon Valley gave me the opportunity to experiment with iPads in the classroom, and inspired me to use more technology in my classes. This blog previously focused only on my experiences with iPads in the classroom, but now I will open it up to my reflections on teaching and education in general.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment