Thursday, October 21, 2010

First Day

Yesterday was my first day testing out the iPads with the students. I passed them out to my Calculus students in the last 10 minutes of class, just so they could get acquainted with some of the different apps that I had put on them.

I also posted a simple set of rules for iPad use:
1. Do not download any apps without permission (they wouldn't really be able to anyway - they would need the school's itunes password)
2. Do not go to any websites that are not related to what we are doing as a class.
3. Do not change any of the iPad's settings.

Students mostly seem excited about having them in the classroom, although they also seem to think that the iPads will not have much impact on their learning. (I got a lot of "we are going to use them to learn? To learn math??" type questions)

We will see when we use them tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment